Can use of Creative Barcode® replace a Non-Disclosure Agreement/Confidentiality Agreement?
Non-Disclosure agreements written, edited and approved by two parties lawyers will be legally robust. However, when all you want is a simple and safe conversation at early stage, the time and cost of engaging lawyers to produce a fat legal document, is taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut.
Often large companies are not able to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with potential innovation partners without engaging their legal counsel which results in delaying the conversation and progress for months. And when you do receive their NDA it will be weighted in their favour.
Creative Barcode® sits between going naked into a conversation and having a full mutil-party Non Disclosure Agreement.
You may wish at times to engage lawyers to create detailed NDA's but only further down the deal making road. Even with an NDA you should still apply your barcode to that document and to all files then disclosed under the NDA.
It ensures that a visible IP policy is in place throughout, confirms what has been disclosed and covers all later itterations under the one project barcode covered by the invisible NDA.
We've tried to be as comprehensive as possible with our FAQs however if your question is not answered below, please email us at email@example.com and we will answer your question as soon as possible between the hours of 10am and 5pm (UK), Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
1. Can use of Creative Barcode® replace a Non-Disclosure Agreement/Confidentiality Agreement?
2. Patents, Design Registrations and Copyright protect my work — so how does Creative Barcode® help?
3. I've forgotten my password
4. How many times can I use ‘one’ barcode?
5. How much does it cost?
6. Is Creative Barcode® a legally recognised mark that will protect my work against misuse?
7. Are ideas and concepts protected by unregistered copyright?
8. Does my client own my IP once I have been paid for the project?
9. If I disclose my idea under Creative Barcode might I lose my ability to secure a patent?
10. What technical and creative skills do I need to utilise Creative Barcode®?
11. What file formats can I use in Creative Barcode®?
12. How secure is the server?
13. What formats can a Barcodes be saved in?
14. Is Creative BarcodeÂ® PC and MAC compatible?
15. Can Creative Barcode® be used as a risk management tool for brand owners?
16. Will Creative Barcode® be recognised by clients commissioning work?
17. Can more than one employee use our account?
18. Will Creative Barcode® eradicate free pitching?
19. Should I use Creative Barcode® on work for existing clients?
20. Will Creative Barcode® work in Co-Creation agreements?
21. Will Creative Barcode® replace patent applications?
22. Can I use Creative Barcode® registration status on my corporate material and web site?
23. If my work is already in the public domain, can Creative Barcode® protect it?
24. If somone uses my work without my permission what course of action can I follow to seek re-dress?