Will Creative Barcode® replace patent applications?
No. However, a patent application does not guarantee commercial viability of an invention; new product or technology. And patents can be circumvented.
You may wish to gain critical feedback to your concept from business mentors, intermediaries, investors and colleagues before you decide to apply for a patent
Your unique barcode with ownership details embedded coupled with or without a patent applied or granted provides a system for tracking third party receipt of files and their agreement to permission-based usage.
Sending barcoded files through the file transfer system where the Trust Charter terms are accepted before file download can commence adds a layer of security to disclosure.
Inventors are warranting to the recipient that the disclosed barcoded files contain their own work and the recipient warrants not to utilise any of the disclosed works without the Creators permission.
The one project barcode should appear on every item disclosed. It links together the innovation journey and also remains visible throughout all disclosures and conversations to all parties involved.
The barcode also acts as a time stamp so the sooner you create one the better as it recognises the early stage works right through to the completed designs and prototypes and charts the length of the journey should that become important.
Your early-stage IP policy should be ' nothing leaves your building without its barcode'
We've tried to be as comprehensive as possible with our FAQs however if your question is not answered below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer your question as soon as possible between the hours of 10am and 5pm (UK), Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
1. Can use of Creative Barcode® replace a Non-Disclosure Agreement/Confidentiality Agreement?
2. Patents, Design Registrations and Copyright protect my work — so how does Creative Barcode® help?
3. I've forgotten my password
4. How many times can I use ‘one’ barcode?
5. How much does it cost?
6. Is Creative Barcode® a legally recognised mark that will protect my work against misuse?
7. Are ideas and concepts protected by unregistered copyright?
8. Does my client own my IP once I have been paid for the project?
9. If I disclose my idea under Creative Barcode might I lose my ability to secure a patent?
10. What technical and creative skills do I need to utilise Creative Barcode®?
11. What file formats can I use in Creative Barcode®?
12. How secure is the server?
13. What formats can a Barcodes be saved in?
14. Is Creative BarcodeÂ® PC and MAC compatible?
15. Can Creative Barcode® be used as a risk management tool for brand owners?
16. Will Creative Barcode® be recognised by clients commissioning work?
17. Can more than one employee use our account?
18. Will Creative Barcode® eradicate free pitching?
19. Should I use Creative Barcode® on work for existing clients?
20. Will Creative Barcode® work in Co-Creation agreements?
21. Will Creative Barcode® replace patent applications?
22. Can I use Creative Barcode® registration status on my corporate material and web site?
23. If my work is already in the public domain, can Creative Barcode® protect it?
24. If somone uses my work without my permission what course of action can I follow to seek re-dress?